Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Success Tools - Taylor's "A.Q." Technique

I have been reading Sandra Anne Taylor’s Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness” and here, I noted a really original technique she used to help erase negative self-talk. Indeed the book is filled with many novel insights on how to re-write those negative energies that seem to be “hard wired” into all of us . I would like to mention another technique that, again, goes beyond more traditional modes of personal affirmations.

In her chapter on ”The Power of Energy” she asks the reader to take a simple 10-question “A.Q.” (“Attraction Quotient”) test which allows you to score yourself on several dimensions of your personality (i.e. “Do you feel optimistic about your future?”). Then , she suggests, you write specific affirmations focused on the weakest-scoring questions in the quiz you just took.

Again, as in the "negative though replacement" technique mentioned in my previous post, this is truly a practical use of affirmations. It is specific to each individual and laser-focused to improve those exact areas in which we may be letting ourselves down.

Needless to say, I strongly recommend this book, and there are countless other techniques here that I have never seen anywhere. I think the “Quantum” in the title is surely justified.

Techtags:

No comments: